Robert Lewandowski wrote his name into Bayern Munich folklore this weekend as he reached a century of goals for the German giants.
The Poland international brought up the landmark with a brace as Bayern beat Eintracht Frankfurt 3-0 on Saturday, adding to his incredible goalscoring stats.
– Lewandowski has scored 100 goals for Bayern in only 136 matches, a rate of 0.74 goals per game.
– This season he has already scored 33 times in 36 appearances.
– Since moving to the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund, Lewandowski has scored 142 league goals in 218 appearances.
• • • •
— Planet Football (@planetfutebol) March 13, 2017
• • • •
– He has scored 20+ goals in five of the last seven Bundesliga campaigns.
– Lewandowski’s career record for both club and country stands at 323 goals in 553 appearances.
– The 28-year-old is level in 15th with Lothar Matthaus in Bayern’s top goalscorers of all time, having played 274 games less than the World Cup-winning captain.
– Only top scorer Gerd Muller has a better goals per game ratio for Bayern with 0.88 (477 goals in 540 appearances).
Plus a former PL midfielder’s screamer.
Mamadou Sakho just fancied some late drama…
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
What a volley this is from Benjamin Jeannot…
The sending off eventually cost West Ham…
There were some magic moments from Mo Salah…
Can Harry Kane beat Alan Shearer’s record?
Yeah, okay, this is very difficult.
Jose Mourinho’s Anfield record is very, very good.