Alejandro Garnacho is in the form of his life for Manchester United right now and we have gathered eight dazzling stats which sum up his superb performances of late.
Most of United’s wingers have struggled to find much consistency this year, but that’s certainly not been the case for Garnacho of late.
The 19-year-old has looked sharper than ever since Erik ten Hag started utilising him on the right wing. Over the weekend against West Ham, he made all the difference with a well-taken brace in United’s 3-0 triumph.
“The future for Manchester United is very good because we have high potentials,” Ten Hag told reporters after their latest victory.
“They are together and want to play football with adventure and enjoyment. If we keep this process going I am sure we will achieve high levels.
“We are building a team, we signed young players, and we give them opportunities. This is a process with ups and downs and we have to realise this. Our experienced players will help them and we need them and they will help the young players perform.”
It’s probably fair to say that Garnacho himself is playing the best football of his career right now. Don’t just take our word for it, take a look at these eight dazzling stats which sum up his tremendous form of late.
– Garnacho has five goal contributions in his last five Premier League matches. Within the United squad, only Rasmus Hojlund has managed more (six goal contributions) in that timeframe.
– United boast a 53.3 per cent win rate in the Premier League with Garnacho starting. This is slightly better than their record without the Argentine winger in the starting XI.
– The 19-year-old draws more fouls than any other player in the United squad. In the league so far he has been fouled 2.3 times per 90.
– Garnacho loves to be within shooting range. He takes an average of 3.1 shots per 90, which is more than any other player in the United squad.
Alejandro Garnacho gets a second, Manchester United cruising 🔴✨ pic.twitter.com/MUX6cU4xeA
— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) February 4, 2024
– Of the United players who have played more than 1000 minutes, only Marcus Rashford has completed more successful dribbles per 90. Garnacho completes 2.0 successful dribbles compared to Rashford who manages 2.1.
– Across all competitions, Garnacho already has nine goal contributions this season. That’s just three less than he managed in the entirety of last season.
– Garnacho is one of just seven United players who have overperformed their xG this season. He’s scored five league goals from an xG of 4.1, giving him an overperformance of 0.9 goals so far.
– He was especially clinical in his latest game against West Ham as he managed to score a brace from an xG of just 0.24.