10 eye-catching Marcus Rashford stats after 200th Man Utd appearance
Marcus Rashford celebrated his 200th appearance for Manchester United with a brace in a 4-0 victory over Norwich City at Old Trafford on Sunday.
He may have endured peaks and troughs in that time, but to reach that landmark at the age of just 22 highlights just what a talent Rashford is.
We’ve rounded up 10 impressive stats from Rashford’s Red Devils career to date.
– Rashford is the third youngest player to reach 200 games for Manchester United after George Best and Ryan Giggs.
– He is also the second youngest player to reach 40 Premier League goals for Manchester United after Wayne Rooney.
– With a combined 14 goals and four assists in the Premier League this season, this is already Rashford’s most productive campaign in the competition.
– Rashford averages a goal or assist every 104.6 minutes in the Premier League in 2019-20.
Beyond proud to become the 3rd youngest player to hit 200 @ManUtd games 🔴⚪️
Can’t put into words what it means to follow Giggsy and George Best. Two goals and three points completes a perfect day 👊🏿 pic.twitter.com/X4g72EMH0S
— Marcus Rashford (@MarcusRashford) January 11, 2020
– Jamie Vardy is the only player in the Premier League with more goals than Rashford this season.
– With 19 goals in all competitions, Raheem Sterling (20) is the only Premier League player with more goals this term.
– The England international needs just one more goal for United to match Dwight Yorke’s tally for the club, having already scored more goals for the Red Devils than Robin van Persie, Javier Hernandez, Dimitar Berbatov and Teddy Sheringham.
– Rashford is now the top scorer under the age of 23 in Europe’s big five leagues with 14 goals, one more than Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham.
– We’re not sure why Rashford has to get compared to Cristiano Ronaldo, but apparently he does. Anyway, after 200 appearances for United, Ronaldo had scored 54 goals. Rashford has managed 10 more.
– In 200 Manchester United appearances, Rashford’s overall record stands at 64 goals and 26 assists – directly contributing to a goal every 2.22 games largely as a winger.