11 remarkable Dominic Calvert-Lewin stats after scoring on England debut
The 23-year-old Sheffield United academy graduate has been in unstoppable form, and stepped up to the plate after being called up for Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions for the first time.
Harry Kane looks like he’s got genuine competition up top, which can only be a good thing heading into the Euros next summer. With two Nations League games and a Merseyside derby to come in the next couple of weeks, we can’t wait to see what the Everton striker does next.
Here are 11 stats from his remarkable start to 2020/21.
– Calvert-Lewin is the 12th player to score on his England debut since 2000, and the first since Callum Wilson in 2018. Following in the footsteps of Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, as well as David Nugent and Francis Jeffers.
🅰️ Games in 2020/21: 7
⚽ Goals in 2020/21: 10
THIS MAN IS ON FIRE! 🔥
— ITV Football (@itvfootball) October 8, 2020
– He’s the first Everton player to score on his England debut since Fred Pickering against USA in May 1964.
– Since the start of last season, Everton striker Calvert-Lewin has scored seven headed goals in the Premier League, the most of any player in the competition.
– He leads the Premier League in terms of individual xG (3.7) (via FBref.com), so overperforming it with six goals is especially impressive.
– No Premier League player has registered more shots on target per 90 minutes (2.4) this season (via FBref.com)
– The first player to score hat-tricks in consecutive home games under Carlo Ancelotti since Cristiano Ronaldo in 2014. James Rodriguez played in all four matches (via @RichJolly)
– Tommy Lawton was the last Everton play to score in the first four league games of the season since Tommy Lawton in 1938.
– He’s an early frontrunner for the top goalscorer in Europe’s top five leagues with six Premier League goals so far this season, tieing him with Hoffenheim’s Andrej Kramaric, Tottenham’s Son Heung-Min and Metz forward Ibrahima Niane.
– Also a frontrunner for the European Golden Shoe, with nine goals in all competitions from just six club appearances.
– He’s scored in all but one of his seven appearances for club and country this season. The only one he didn’t, he only played 45 minutes in a 5-2 League Cup win over Fleetwood.
– Averaging a goal every 52.7 minutes for Everton this season. For club and country it’s an average of every 53.2 minutes.