13 of the best stats from Virgil van Dijk’s first four years at Liverpool
On January 5, 2018, Virgil van Dijk made his first appearance for Liverpool after completing a £75million move from Southampton.
Van Dijk marked his debut with the winning goal against Everton in the FA Cup and has continued to impress over the following four years.
We’ve collected 13 of the best stats that show just how impressive his time at Anfield has been.
– During his four years at Liverpool, Van Dijk has won the Premier League, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. That’s more trophies than the Reds had won in the 12 years before his arrival.
– Since his league debut for Liverpool in January 2018, he has won 83 of his 113 Premier League games for the club, recording a win rate of 73.5%. They drew 20 and lost 10 of the other games.
– Van Dijk has missed 37 Premier League games since his Liverpool debut. The Reds have won 20, drawn nine and lost eight of those games, recording a win rate of 54.1%.
What a moment this was 😍 pic.twitter.com/9VKbgqFjpc
— Anfield Watch (@AnfieldWatch) January 5, 2022
– The 30-year-old has kept 54 clean sheets and conceded just 93 goals in those 113 Premier League games.
– Renowned for his strength in the air, Van Dijk has won over 500 aerial duels in the Premier League for Liverpool.
– The Netherlands international is still yet to lose a Premier League home game at Anfield, a run that stretches 56 games.
– No player successfully dribbled past the Liverpool defender during the entire 2018-19 Premier League campaign.
– After enjoying a brilliant 2018-19, Van Dijk became just the sixth defender to win the PFA Player’s Player of the Year award, following in the footsteps of John Terry, Paul McGrath, Gary Pallister, Colin Todd and Norman Hunter.
– The centre-back won the Champions League in 2018-19 and became the first defender to be crowned the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year. He was also the first Liverpool player to win the award since Steven Gerrard in 2005.
– During Liverpool’s win against Bayern Munich in 2019, Van Dijk became the first Liverpool player to get a goal and an assist in an away Champions League knockout game since Craig Bellamy in 2007.
Van Dijk’s pass to Manè against Bayern when we beat them 3-1 at the Allianz Arena. pic.twitter.com/PpbxeMGqQj
— – (@AnfieldRd96) August 19, 2020
– in 2019-20, he became just the fifth outfield player to have played every single minute of a title-winning Premier League campaign.
– Van Dijk has twice been named in the PFA Team of the Year and has also been included in the Champions League Squad of the Season on three separate occasions.
– The defender has scored 11 Premier League goals since the start of January 2018, no centre-back has scored more goals in that period.