13 unwanted records that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has set at Man Utd
While Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done some good work at Manchester United, he’s also set a string of unwanted records during his time in the dugout.
Solskjaer has received a lot of criticism in recent weeks following a poor start to the season and could be replaced if he doesn’t turn things around.
We’ve taken a look at 13 stats that the manager definitely won’t be proud of.
– Twenty-one percent of United’s 63 home defeats in Premier League history have come under Solskjaer, who has lost 13 out of 55.
– In 2019-20, United endured their worst start to a league season since 1986-87, picking up just 10 points from their opening nine games.
– The Norwegian is the only United manager to have lost a European home game by a margin of more than one goal.
– Tottenham recorded their biggest ever win over United at Old Trafford in October 2020, comfortably beating Solskjaer’s side 6-1.
🗓#OnThisDay in 2020, Tottenham Hotspur destroyed Manchester United at Old Trafford:
🔴 2' Fernandes
⚪️ 4' Ndombele
⚪️ 7' Son
🟥 28' Martial
⚪️ 30’ Kane
⚪️ 37' Son
⚪️ 51' Auirer
⚪️ 79' Kane
— Last Word On Spurs 🇮🇹 (@LastWordOnSpurs) October 4, 2021
– During their game against Liverpool in October 2021, United were four goals behind at half-time for the first time in Premier League history.
– Solskjaer oversaw United’s heaviest ever defeat at home to Liverpool and their biggest loss against the Reds since 1895.
– United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool saw them concede five goals at home without scoring a goal themselves for the first time since 1955.
– United have lost seven Premier League games by four or more goals and Solskjaer has been in charge for three of them.
– United managed just four touches in the opposition penalty area during their 2-0 defeat to Manchester City in November 2021, the lowest they have ever recorded since Opta began recording this data in the 2008-09 season.
– The Red Devils haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 14 home games, their longest run without once since 1959.
– While 2021 isn’t over yet, United have already lost eight home games in all competitions in a single year for the first time since 1989.
– During Solskjaer’s reign, Crystal Palace beat United at Old Trafford in consecutive seasons for the first time in their history.
– In recent seasons, Burnley recorded their first win at Old Trafford since 1962 while Sheffield United claimed their first Old Trafford win since 1973.