21 of Kylian Mbappe’s most incredible Champions League stats and records
Since bursting onto the scene in 2017, Kylian Mbappe and Champions League football have been a match made in heaven.
Mbappe has always thrived on Europe’s biggest stage and starred for PSG in their 3-2 victory over Bayern Munich in the quarter-final first leg on Wednesday.
We’ve taken a look at 20 of his best records and stats in the competition.
– Mbappe has been directly involved in 42 goals in 43 Champions League games, registering 27 goals and 15 assists.
– Since the start of the 2017-18 season, he has more Champions League assists than any other player.
– The 22-year-old has eight Champions League goals in 2020-21. No French player has ever scored more in a single Champions League season.
– In 18 Champions League knockout games, the forward has 13 goals and four assists.
– Mbappe has more goals in the Champions League knockout stages than Thierry Henry. He’s now the second-highest scoring Frenchman in the knockout stages, six behind Karim Benzema.
🇫🇷 French top scorers in the knockout stages:
— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) April 7, 2021
– He has 21 Champions League goals for PSG and is now their second-highest goal scorer in the competition, nine behind Edinson Cavani.
– The France international has seven Champions League knockout stage goals for PSG, more than any other player.
– After his brace against Bayern Munich, he became the first player to score a total of five away goals in the Champions League last 16 and quarter-finals in the same season.
– Mbappe’s opening goal against Bayern Munich was the earliest that the German side have conceded a goal from the start of a Champions League knockout stage match since March 2010, when Wayne Rooney scored past them after 63 seconds.
– Earlier this season, Mbappe became the first player to score four goals against Barcelona in a single Champions League season.
– After Faustino Asprilla and Andriy Shevchenko, he’s the third player to score a Champions League hat-trick against Barcelona.
• • • •
• • • •
– At 22 years and 80 days, Mbappe became the youngest player to reach 25 Champions League goals, breaking Lionel Messi’s record.
– Despite still being 22 years old, Mbappe has already scored away at the Etihad, Old Trafford, Anfield, Camp Nou, the Bernabeu, Celtic Park, the Allianz Arena, the Juventus Stadium and Signal Iduna Park.
– He’s the second youngest French player to score in the Champions League, behind only Karim Benzema,
– Mbappe is the first player in Champions League history to score in his first four knockout appearances.
– In 2017, he became the youngest player in history to score in both legs of a Champions League quarter-final.
– After scoring against Juventus in 2017, the forward became the youngest player in history to score in a Champions League semi-final.
– Mbappe is Monaco’s and PSG’s youngest ever goalscorer in the Champions League.
– He was the first teenager in history to score a Champions League goal for two different clubs.
– He is the youngest player to reach 10 Champions League goals, doing so aged 18 years and 350 days.
– Mbappe scored 13 Champions League goals before he turned 20, making him the highest-scoring teenager in Champions League history.