Mohamed Salah has continued to shine for Liverpool this season. We’ve picked out nine stats which show just how good the Egyptian King has been of late.
Liverpool currently find themselves second in the Premier League table and only trail league leaders Manchester City by a single point.
As usual, Salah has been a crucial player for Jurgen Klopp as the 31-year-old has looked as sharp as ever in the opening months of the season.
Throughout the summer, Salah was linked with a move away from the club. Al-Ittihad made a big push to sign the Liverpool superstar, but they were ultimately unsuccessful in their approach.
The Saudi outfit have been tipped to resurface their interest in 2024, although Liverpool will surely have something to say about that. Jurgen Klopp has continually sang Salah’s praises this season and he will be desperate to keep hold of the goalscoring winger.
“Look, what I love most about Mo is… well, maybe mostly I love the numbers!” Klopp told the club website following Salah’s brace against Everton.
“But I think that Mo Salah played for us an incredible amount of fantastic games. Today was not his best game but then [still] being that clinical with the penalty and then staying in the situation, that’s probably his biggest quality, and I love that.
“We need someone who can bring the ball over the line, and he was that again. I couldn’t respect that fact more. It’s absolutely outstanding, the numbers are crazy. He will never stop, that is his nature and that’s really cool for us.”
We’ve taken a closer look at Salah’s unbelievable 2023-24 season so far and have picked out nine amazing stats which highlight just how good he has been.
– With 10 strikes in the Premier League so far, Salah is currently averaging a goal every 104.7 minutes. If he manages to maintain that scoring rate all season, he will end the campaign with 32 goals.
– He has also produced four assists in the league and is averaging 1.17 goal contributions per game.
– Since the start of last season, Salah has scored 28% of the Premier League goals Liverpool have scored. Only Harry Kane at Tottenham (32%) and Erling Haaland at Manchester City (39%) have a higher rate during the same period.
All 10 of Mohamed Salah's Premier League goals so far this season 👑
— Premier League (@premierleague) November 17, 2023
– Following his brace against Brentford at Anfield, Salah became the first player in Liverpool’s history to have scored in each of their first six home league games of a season.
– In the Premier League, Salah has been involved in 118 goals at Anfield in 117 appearances. The 31-year-old has 86 goals and 32 assists in Premier League home matches for the Reds.
– Salah boasts a higher average match rating than any other Liverpool player this season, with a WhoScored rating of 7.54. He is also the 6th highest-rated player in the Premier League.
– The Liverpool forward has an xG of 9.1, which he has overperformed by 0.9 goals so far. Only Haaland has managed to accumulate a higher xG than Salah so far with 12.7xG.
– Salah has managed to produce a goal or assist in 10 of Liverpool’s 12 league matches so far. The only games where Salah has drawn a blank were against Tottenham and Luton.
– Following his goal against Toulouse, Salah has now scored 43 goals for Liverpool in major European competitions – which is the most of any player for an English club.