Big5: Predict five World Cup results to win £1.4k+
England comprehensively avoided being on the wrong end of one of the shocks in the first round of World Cup fixtures – but can they do it again against USA?
Argentina were beaten by Saudi Arabia in one of the biggest World Cup shocks ever, while Germany lost to Japan in another underdog turnaround, but England thrashed Iran 6-2 to put all the pre-tournament negativity behind them and maybe even get a few of us believing again.
If you’re one of those believers, England v USA is one of five games to predict in round two of our Big5 predictor game, with £1,400+ already in the Prize Pool. The pot for round one was £3,444 – wouldn’t that be nice for Christmas? – and entry is just £5. You have until 6.45pm to register, 15 minutes before England kick off…
Game 2 Fixtures To Predict
England v USA
France v Denmark
Argentina v Mexico
Spain v Germany
Brazil v Switzerland
Big5 is a classic simple predictor game, but with a few added extras.
- Predict the results of five selected World Cup matches. Underdogs score you more points!
- Answer three boosters to supercharge your score.
- The top 25% on the Live Leaderboard win a cash prize!
Once you’ve predicted the five results, it’s on to the boosters…
The Ref: Pick the match with the most goals
The Goal Fest: Pick the match with the most cards
The Special One: Pick a team to score exactly one goal
Why Should I Play Big5?
The thrill of Big5 transports you from your sofa to the stadium…this is your ticket to the action!
- WINNER, WINNER! Big5 Premier League players have already won £40,000+ this season and we’re not even halfway through the campaign yet!
- EASY! Predict five results, answer three match-based boosters and then sit back and enjoy the action – simple.
- BEAT THE REST! Battle the Planet Sport Games community and pit your wits against thousands of other football fans before walking away with the cash (hopefully!)
- FOLLOW LIVE! Follow your progress on the Live Leaderboard as every goal, booking and result sends you flying up the charts!
- SHOW THEM WHO’S BOSS! Not satisfied with beating the community? Get your mates involved too and prove you’re the group chat genius.
Game 2 Tips
Our game partners, Network Gaming, have three tipsters sharing their knowledge via e-mail with all registered players. Here’s what one of them, The Teacher, suggests for Game 2.
My Pick: England (vs USA)
England put their Nations League woes behind them on Monday by thrashing Iran 6-2, returning to their goalscoring ways.
The top scorers from European qualifying got on the front foot early on and a repeat here should be good enough, especially with Harry Kane likely to play.
USA failed to cope once Wales got their tactics right and started having a go – the Americans ended with a worrying expected goals-against (xGA) figure of 1.9.
Potential Pick: Switzerland (vs Brazil)
The Swiss conceded only two goals in qualifying – the best record in Europe – as they finished ahead of Italy, who they drew with twice.
And they have a much longer track record of thwarting ‘big’ opposition too. They knocked France out of last year’s European Championships, while they defeated both Spain and Portugal in the recent Nations League.
At the last World Cup they held Brazil to a draw and may repeat the trick here.
Risky Pick: Argentina (vs Mexico)
Once Saudi Arabia ditched their high defensive line on Tuesday, Argentina lacked ideas in their shocking opener.
Mexico will have taken note – expect them to sit deep and try to thwart. They kept a clean sheet in eight of their 14 qualifiers so are defensively sound, as they showed during Tuesday’s 0-0 draw with Poland.
Take out the penalty (which they saved) and their xGA figure was just 0.3.
Ready to make your picks?
Entries for Big5 Game 2 close on Friday 25 November at 6.45pm.
Competition rules and terms & conditions apply. Read more here.
18+ | Please Play Responsibly | begambleaware.org