Cristiano Ronaldo was at it again on Tuesday night as the Juventus forward bagged four goals in Portugal’s 5-1 victory over Lithuania.
The victory saw Ronaldo break yet another record, with his status as one of the greatest players of all time long since cemented.
We’ve taken a look at eight ridiculous stats to come out after his latest bout of goalscoring genius.
– Following his four-goal haul against Lithuania, Ronaldo is now the top scorer in European Championship qualifiers with 25 goals in 31 appearances, two more than Robbie Keane.
– Ronaldo has now scored 54 hat-tricks for club and country throughout his career.
– He has now scored a hat-trick in 12 different countries: Lithuania, Portugal, Italy, Russia, Spain, Japan, Armenia, Sweden, Turkey, Northern Ireland, Netherlands and England.
You can't blame this Lithuania fan for being on his knees for Cristiano Ronaldo. pic.twitter.com/xFeR4pffJ9
— Boiwonda 🌻 (@doug_mutungi) September 11, 2019
– Ronaldo has now scored 93 goals in 160 caps for Portugal.
– Those 93 goals have come against 40 different countries.
– He is now just 16 goals short of the all-time international record which belongs to Ali Daei, who scored 109 goals in 149 caps for Iran.
– Ronaldo has now scored a total of 695 goals for club and country throughout his career while also registering 214 assists.
– If a player was to score 40 goals for the next 15 seasons, they would still be 95 goals short of Ronaldo’s record.