Five brilliant stats about Chelsea’s Timo Werner after first PL goals
While Chelsea‘s defensive woes continue, Frank Lampard would have been thrilled to see Timo Werner score his first Premier League goals for the club against Southampton.
The Germany international made a big-money move from RB Leipzig in the summer and has now and opened his goal-scoring account in the Premier League.
Here, we present a selection of stats from his impressive display in the 3-3 draw.
– Since the start of last season, only Robert Lewandowski, Ciro Immobile and Cristiano Ronaldo have scored more goals in Europe’s top five leagues than Werner.
– Alongside his two goals against the Saints, Werner also assisted Kai Havertz’s strike.
– The Germany international had a 91% pass accuracy and also created one big chance for his team.
– Werner completed two dribbles and supplied one cross, demonstrating there is more to his game than just finishing.
– Showing a desire to help his team defensively, Werner also made two recoveries.
Despite Werner’s attacking excellence, Chelsea’s defensive woes could prevent them from achieving success. Rather than bet on the Blues, you could always play Winners Cup slot now.