Five brilliant stats from Hakim Ziyech’s full Premier League debut for Chelsea
After missing the start of the season with a knee injury, Chelsea‘s Hakim Ziyech is starting to show why he is so highly-rated.
Ziyech marked his first start with a goal in their 4-0 win against Krasnodar in the Champions League and then made his full Premier League debut against Burnley.
We’ve collected a selection of stats from his impressive display in the 3-0 win.
– After scoring against Burnley, Ziyech became the first Chelsea player to score in both of his first two starts for the club in all competitions since Diego Costa in 2014.
– The 27-year-old also showcased his impressive ability on the ball at Turf Moor, completing 40 of his 48 passes at a success rate of 83.3%.
– The Morocco international created two chances against Burnley, including the assist for Timo Werner’s goal.
– He is the first player to get a goal and an assist on their first Premier League start since Ruben Neves in August 2018.
– Since the beginning of last season, Ziyech has now been directly involved in 30 goals in 40 appearances in all competitions.