Five incredible stats from Thiago’s Liverpool debut against Chelsea
Thiago Alcantara made his highly-anticipated Liverpool debut against Chelsea after completing his £25million move from Bayern Munich earlier this week.
Thiago is regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world and impressed after coming on as half-time substitute against Frank Lampard’ side.
Here are five brilliant stats about the midfielder’s brief performance for the Reds at Stamford Bridge.
– In his 45 minutes against Chelsea, Thiago completed more passes (75) than any Chelsea player managed in the full 90. In comparison, the Blues’ top passer, Matteo Kovacic only managed 58 passes.
– Since passing data became available in 2003, Thiago’s 75 successful passes are the most by a Premier League player who played a maximum of 45 minutes.
– His 10 long balls are now the most by an outfield player in the Premier League this season. Only Leeds United goalkeeper Illan Meslier (12) has managed more.
– In his brief cameo, Thiago has already made more passes than Jordan Henderson, N’Golo Kante and Paul Pogba in the Premier League in 2020-21.
– The midfielder’s 89 touches against Chelsea mean he’s had more than Pierre Emerick Auybameyang, Son Heung Min and Jeff Hendrick this season.