Five incredible stats from Thomas Partey’s full Arsenal debut
After joining Arsenal from Atletico Madrid, Thomas Partey made his much anticipated full debut against Rapid Wien in the Europa League.
Partey played the full 90 minutes and earned rave reviews for his performance, showing why he is regarded as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.
We’ve collected some stats that demonstrate his invaluable contribution during the 2-1 win in Austria.
– Partey has been compared to Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira and made eight ball recoveries against Rapid Wien – more than any other player on the pitch.
– The midfielder won 10 of his 13 duels and also won four out of five aerial duels for Mikel Arteta’s side.
– He provided excellent protection for the defence, winning all five of his attempted tackles – the most on either side.
– The 27-year-old also showcased his excellent ability on the ball, completing 92 passes at a success rate of 90%
– Despite being a defensive midfielder, Partey completed 50 passes in the opposition half and 23 passes in the final third.