Five records 16-year-old Barca prodigy Ansu Fati has broken in two weeks
Ansu Fati remains the name on everybody’s lips in Barcelona as he continued his outrageous start to his career in the 5-2 win over Valencia.
Still just 16, Fati wrote his name into the history books by scoring against Osasuna before the international break and followed that up with a goal and assist against Valencia.
We’ve taken a look at five records the teenager has broken in the last two weeks.
– After scoring in a 2-2 draw at Osasuna at the age of 16 years and 304 days, Fati became Barcelona’s youngest ever goalscorer.
– In being named in the starting XI against Valencia, Fati became the youngest ever Barcelona player to start at the Camp Nou, beating Marc Muniesa’s record set in 2009.
– Within seven minutes of the 5-2 win over Valencia, Fati had become the youngest player to provide a goal and assist in the same game in the history of La Liga.
The name on everyone's lips after this game was ANSU FATI…💎🌟
— LaLiga (@LaLigaEN) September 14, 2019
– His second-minute opener also made Fati the youngest ever goalscorer at the Camp Nou.
– In his first three Barcelona appearances, Fati has scored more goals than Sergio Busquets has managed in his previous 240 games for the club.