9 incredible stats that show just how ridiculous Harry Kane has been in 2023
Harry Kane’s decision to join Bayern Munich has already proven a masterstroke and put him on course for an all-timer 2023, filled with an obscene amount of goals.
After over a decade with Tottenham where Kane blossomed into arguably the most lethal striker on the planet and England’s all-time top scorer, he found himself trapped in north London despite having outgrown his employers.
The longer it went on, the more painful it got watching Kane continue to fire them in for Spurs knowing full well his goals alone weren’t enough to lift the silverware curse around the club.
Following a failed move to Manchester City and plenty of speculation linking him to Manchester United, Kane’s only way out proved to be Munich – and he’s thriving in Germany.
Everybody expected Kane to flourish in the Bundesliga, but even with that feeling of inevitability, there was an air of uncertainty about him packing his bags and moving abroad.
He’s absolutely demolished that uncertainty though with an obscene start to life as Bayern’s number nine, and could cement his legacy as the world’s best striker if he continues.
If he keeps going the way he is, Robert Lewandowski will be on the phone begging him to slow down.
Kane heads into the final international break of the year with 47 goals to his name, a frightening number and one he’ll undoubtedly improve on before we enter 2024.
But to celebrate just how scintillating he’s been throughout 2023 for Spurs, England and now Bayern, we’ve collated a number of stats which highlight exactly how good he’s been.
– At the time of writing, only Erling Haaland (48) has scored more goals than Kane in 2023 (47).
– Kane became the first player in Bundesliga history to score 17 goals in the first 11 games of a top-flight season, following a brace against Heidenheim.
– Having already bagged 17 goals, Kane has equalled the tally Lewandowski managed in his first Bundesliga season as a Bayern player in 2012-13. The Poland international scored 17 times in 31 matches, meaning Kane needed 20 games fewer to reach the same number. Frightening.
– He became the first player in Bundesliga history to score a hat-trick in their maiden Klassiker appearance, bagging a trio of goals as Bayern thrashed Borussia Dortmund 4-0.
• • • •
• • • •
– Only three other players have managed to score three hat-tricks in their debut Bundesliga season – Uwe Seeler (1963-64), Klaus Matischak (1963-64), Siegfried Bronnert (1966-67). Kane has already become the fourth to do so.
– Kane is tied with Olivier Giroud and Erling Haaland for the most headed goals scored in 2023 (7).
– At his current firing rate, Kane is on course to demolish Lewandowski’s single-season Bundesliga scoring record of 41 goals. At a rate of 17 goals every 11 games, Kane could finish on as many as 51 league goals in Germany this season.
– Having weighed in with 22 goal contributions in the Bundesliga thus far, Kane is responsible for approximately 52% of Bayern Munich’s league goals this season (42). Already endlessly important.
– In the Bundesliga, only Serhou Guirassy (29) has so far been involved in more goals in all competitions than Kane has throughout 2023 (28). – via @OptaFranz.