10 outrageous stats from Harry Kane’s ridiculous start at Bayern Munich
Harry Kane’s outrageously good start to life at Bayern Munich continued with his best performance yet on Saturday afternoon – he notched his first hat-trick for the club and assisted a further two goals in a 7-0 rout of Bochum.
The England captain marked his full Bayern debut with a goal against Werder Bremen and hasn’t looked back since then, marking almost every appearance for the Bavarian giants with at least a goal or an assist.
“I think obviously it’s still early on in my career here and I’m still getting to grips with the players and the coach and the way we want to play,” Kane told CBS Sports following Bayern’s midweek 4-3 victory over Manchester United.
“I feel like I’m still getting to know the players around me – how they move, how they run, what kind of passes they like. So that will come over time. The good thing is we’ve started well.”
Bayern boss Thomas Tuchel has struck a similar tone, stressing that there’s plenty more to come from the 30-year-old.
“With time (Kane) will make the players around him better. He will learn how to make them shine,” Tuchel told reporters ahead of Bayern’s clash with Manchester United.
Here are 10 seriously impressive stats from Kane’s start at Bayern Munich:
– Kane has seven goals and three assists from his first five Bundesliga appearances. He’s averaging a goal every 62.7 minutes in the Bundesliga this season and a goal or an assist every 43.9 minutes.
– Extrapolate that over the course of an entire season and Kane is on track to register 48 goals and 20 assists (assuming he stays fit). It’s incredibly unlikely that he maintains that kind of output, but breaking the goalscoring records set by Robert Lewandowski (41) and Gerd Muller (40) definitely aren’t out of the question.
– Surprisingly enough, Kane doesn’t actually top the Bundesliga’s goalscoring charts. Serhou Guirassy (10 goals) holds that accolade – the Stuttgart forward and Erling Haaland (eight goals) are the only players in Europe’s top five leagues to have scored more. Bayern’s No.9 could well be in the running to win his first European Golden Shoe.
– Only Guirassy (10 goals, one assist) has registered more direct goal contributions in Europe’s major leagues.
– Kane has scored his first hat-trick in just his fifth Bundesliga appearance. He becomes only the fourth Englishman to have scored a hat-trick in the German top flight after Kevin Keegan (1978), Tony Woodcock (1980, 1982) and Jadon Sancho (2020) – via @OptaFranz
A new one for the collection! ⚽️⚽️⚽️
— Harry Kane (@HKane) September 23, 2023
– No player since OPTA started collecting data in 2004 has a player been involved in more Bundesliga goals in their first five Bundesliga appearances – with 10 (seven goals, three assists). Kane beats the record previously held by Haaland (eight).
– With seven goals in his first five Bundesliga appearances for Bayern Munich, Kane breaks the record of five goals in five games held by Gerd Muller, Miroslav Klose and Mario Mundzukic.
– Kane has scored or assisted in all but one of his starts for Bayern in all competitions, having only drawn a blank in the 2-1 away victory at Borussia Monchengladbach at the start of September.
A hat-trick and two assists… 🤩
Harry Kane’s masterclass in Bayern’s 7-0 thrashing of Bochum! 🔥⚽️ pic.twitter.com/l3TZb85UnW
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) September 23, 2023
– He scored three goals and notched two assists in the 7-0 demolition of Bochum and has now been directly involved in 10 of Bayern’s 18 (55%) league goals this season.
– His seven goals have come from 5.95xG (via Understat) and 22 shots this season. Only Erling Haaland (8.58xG) has registered a higher rate of expected goals across Europe’s major leagues.