Lionel Messi continues to steal all the headlines at Barcelona, but Luis Suarez has also cemented his name in the record books at Camp Nou recently.
While Messi scored two and created one in the 5-0 win over Real Betis at the weekend – meaning he has scored and assisted in four games in a row in La Liga – Suarez also grabbed a brace to move past 100 La Liga goals.
He is only the second Uruguayan to achieve that feat after Diego Forlan, and to put the icing on his birthday cake, the 31-year-old has been named La Liga’s player of the month.
But it’s only one of many remarkable Suarez stats.
Messi (27) en Suarez (18) have combined for 45 goals this season across all competitions. pic.twitter.com/fGwdLavv7S
— MESSISTATS (@MessiStats_) January 28, 2018
Lionel Messi 152
Cristiano Ronaldo 145
Luis Suarez 131
Robert Lewandowski 114
Gonzalo Higuain 104
Lionel Messi 63
Kevin De Bruyne 63
Luis Suarez 59
Cesc Fabregas 53
Mesut Ozil 48
– Suarez has now scored 137 goals in only 174 games in all competitions for Barcelona, a rate of 0.79 goals per game.
– He recently surpassed Rivaldo and Samuel Eto’o to move into seventh place in Barcelona’s all-time scoring charts.
– Suarez is the fastest Barcelona player to ever make it to 100 La Liga goals, doing so in 40 fewer games than Messi.
– Since the start of the 2015-16 season, Suarez has scored and assisted more goals than any other player in Europe’s top four leagues, with 117.
– In doing so, he has been directly involved in 1.345 goals per game since the start of the 2015-16 campaign – Messi has averaged one every 1.195 games, and Cristiano Ronaldo one every 1.075 games.
– Suarez’s club record now stands at 357 goals in 537 games.
Plus a beautiful World Cup moment.
A massive pat on the back if you get all of these.
Juventus certainly like a good free transfer.
If Lewy leaves Bayern, someone’s in for a treat.
North Korea’s genius ploy unfortunately backfired.
Plus Fernandinho sticks up for Raheem Sterling.
Of course he meant it. He meant everything.
Only eight have lasted longer than five years.
We’re getting a bit bored of this now…
Xherdan Shaqiri always tries elasticos. He’s fun.