10 incredible stats about Man Utd’s unbelievable form under Ten Hag
Manchester United are on a fine run of form at the moment and Erik ten Hag certainly has his side heading in the right direction after navigating a tricky start.
Ten Hag lost his first two league matches as Manchester United manager and the pressure seemed to be on him from the off. Thankfully he managed to turn things around and they have not looked back since.
His side currently find themselves fourth in the Premier League and they are still in with a chance of winning several trophies this season. They easily saw off Charlton in the EFL Cup to progress to the semi-finals.
Next up for United is a Manchester derby against City and Ten Hag’s side have to fancy their chances given the fine run of form they currently find themselves on.
United captain Harry Maguire laid out the aim for the season after the Charlton match: “This club demands trophies,” he said in a post-match interview with MUTV.
“This club is about winning and it has been far too long. It has been far too long for the fans, the staff, and the players. We’ve got to take each competition seriously. We’re still in every competition this season. Last season was a disaster in all competitions.
“We’re striving for improvement, we know we’ve got to improve, but the crunch time is still to come and we’ve got to perform when it does.”
There’s a real feel-good factor around Old Trafford at the moment and we’ve picked out 10 stats which show just how well they are playing at this moment in time.
– Marcus Rashford has scored 15 goals in all competitions for United this season which is three times as many as he managed in the entirety of last season (5). The England international has scored in every one of his six appearances since the World Cup break (seven in six).
– Erik ten Hag is the fastest United manager to reach 20 wins. Having been in charge for 27 matches, he currently has a win percentage of 74.1% which is higher than Sir Alex Ferguson.
– Since their defeat against Brentford, only Arsenal have picked up more points (38) than Man United have in that time (35).
• • • •
READ: The Premier League table since Man Utd’s 4-0 defeat at Brentford
• • • •
– Under Ten Hag, Manchester United have the highest counter-pressing success rate in the Premier League at just below 30%. They have been slightly more successful in this than Arsenal and Man City.
– United have won their last eight matches and have scored 21 goals in the process at an average of 2.6 goals per game.
– Only Kevin De Bruyne has created more chances per game (3.5) than Bruno Fernandes has in the Premier League this season with 2.8.
– Ten Hag’s men have won all 11 of their Premier League matches this season when they have taken the lead. They are the only Premier League club that have achieved this.
– They famously like to leave things late and that has been the case this season. United have scored three goals after the 90-minute mark, which is the most of any Premier League side.
– United have won 8 consecutive home games in all competitions this season which is the club’s longest home-winning run since December 2017. They boast a 100% win record since the World Cup break.
– Ten Hag’s side have now won as many games (20) this season across all competitions as they managed in the entirety of last season.
READ NEXT: 6 players that Erik ten Hag has improved at Man Utd: Rashford…
TRY A QUIZ: Can you name Man Utd’s 25 most expensive transfers in history?