Nine Prem records Liverpool could break before the end of the season
Liverpool are in pole position to finally end their wait for a Premier League title this season – and they could break several records along the way.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have been the best team in the country so far this campaign and are currently 13 points ahead of second-placed Leicester City.
The Reds have already made the joint best start to a league season after 20 games, winning 19 times and only dropping points in a 1-1 draw with Manchester United. And we’ve taken a look at nine records they could go on to break this season.
– Most points in a season: 100 (Man City 2017-18) – Liverpool currently have 58, with a potential 54 more available
– Most wins in a season: 32 (Man City 2017-18, 2018-19) – Liverpool currently have 19
– Most consecutive wins in a a season: 18 (Man City 2017-18) – Liverpool currently have 11
– Most consecutive home league wins: 20 (Man City 2011-12) – Liverpool currently have 18
Liverpool will go a year without losing a Premier League game.
Only two teams have longer unbeaten runs 😤 pic.twitter.com/owHT5QaJeX
— B/R Football (@brfootball) January 2, 2020
– Most home wins in a season: 18 (four teams) – Liverpool currently have 11
– Most away wins in a season: 16 (Man City 2017-18) – Liverpool currently have eight
– Longest unbeaten run: 49 (Arsenal 2003-04) – Liverpool are currently on 37
– Fewest defeats in a season: 0 (Arsenal 2003-04) – Liverpool currently have 0
– Biggest title-winning margin: 19 points (Man City 2017-18) – Liverpool currently 13 points ahead