Nine ridiculous Kylian Mbappe stats after 22-minute hat-trick for PSG
Kylian Mbappe once again stole the show for PSG with a 22-minute hat-trick in the their 5-0 win over Club Brugge in the Champions League.
Injury problems have disrupted Mbappe’s 2019-20 campaign to date, but he is making up for lost time with four goals in two cameo appearances off the bench in his last two outings.
We’ve taken a look at nine ridiculous statistics about the prodigious Frenchman.
– In 38 minutes on the pitch against Club Brugge, Mbappe scored a hat-trick and provided an assist, meaning he contributed directly to a goal every 9.5 minutes.
– Mbappe’s 22-minute hat-trick was the quickest by a substitute in Champions League history.
– He became the first substitute to score a hat-trick in the competition for over a decade, with Villarreal’s Joseba Llorente the last to do so in October 2008.
– The 20-year-old’s feat comes just four days after he produced a goal and assist in a seven-minute cameo against Nice, meaning in his last two appearances he averages a goal or assist every 7.5 minutes.
Kylian Mbappé is just too good for this game 😩
Sending players for hot-dogs in Brugge…
He has a hat-trick tonight 🙌 pic.twitter.com/sKEJiSgQ85
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) October 22, 2019
– Mbappe is the youngest player to score 16 goals in the Champions League.
– Only four players have scored a hat-trick in the Champions League at a younger age: Raul, Wayne Rooney, Erling Braut Haaland and Yakubu.
– Mbappe’s tally for the season now stands at six goals and four assists in 440 minutes, a goal or assist every 44 minutes.
– Since the start of 2018-19, Mbappe has played 51 times for PSG, scoring 45 goals and providing 19 assists.
– Mbappe’s overall record for PSG stands at 66 goals and 36 assists from 95 appearances.