Nine exciting stats about Arsenal’s youngsters: Martinelli, Saka, Nketiah..
Arsenal have a proud history of letting young players and academy graduates shine in the first team and Mikel Arteta is willing to continue that tradition.
Arsene Wenger was never shy of giving talented prospects a chance in the senior side, and despite enduring a difficult season, Arsenal have been encouragement by the progress of their young players this season.
We’ve taken a look at the some of the most exciting stats behind some of Arsenal’s most promising talents.
– Gabriel Martinelli averages a goal every 121.1 minutes for Arsenal in all competitions this season. That’s a better record than Jamie Vardy (129.5), Raheem Sterling (131.3) and Mohamed Salah (178.7).
– Bukayo Saka has scored and provided an assist on three separate occasions this season. No other player has done so more than once for Arsenal in 2019-20.
– Only Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been involved in more goals in all competitions for Arsenal this season (17) than Martinelli (13) and Saka (10).
– Martinelli is the first teenager to score 10 goals in a season for Arsenal since Nicolas Anelka in 1998-99.
Arsenal's U-21 talent:
Gabriel Martinelli – 18
Bukayo Saka – 18
Reiss Nelson – 20
Matteo Guendouzi – 20
William Saliba – 18
Joe Willock – 20
Emile Smith Rowe – 19
Eddie Nketiah – 20
Best set of U-21 players in the Premier league.
— LTArsenal™ (@ltarsenal) January 27, 2020
– Eddie Nketiah has scored four goals from just nine shots on target for Arsenal in all competitions.
– Since making his Arsenal debut in 2017, Nketiah averages a goal every 141 minutes for the Gunners.
– Joe Willock has scored more goals this season (4) than Granit Xhaka, Lucas Torreira, Dani Ceballos and Mesut Ozil combined (3).
– No player has more assists for Arsenal in all competitions this season than Saka (7).
The Arsenal kids are cutting through!
The Gunners double their lead as Saka's cross is turned home by Eddie Nketiah. pic.twitter.com/kKfSjQmHOU
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) January 27, 2020
– After finding the back of the net against West Ham, Martinelli became Arsenal’s youngest ever player to score on his full Premier League debut at the age of 18 and 174 days.
Everything you need to know about Arsenal target Pablo Mari
Can you name every player to wear No.9 for Arsenal in the Premier League?
Where are they now? Arsenal’s last 20 January signings
The 22 players to play just one game for Arsenal this century: Bennacer, Stokes…