Sadio Mane continued his fine form with another goal in Liverpool‘s 4-3 Champions League victory over RB Salzburg on Wednesday night at Anfield.
During the match, former Chelsea and Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas tweeted: “Mane for me is top 3 players in the world and has been for a while. Top top level.”
Harry Redknapp-isms aside, we’ve taken a look at the stats that illustrate exactly why Mane is a top, top player.
– So far this season, Mane averages a goal or assist every 98.6 minutes.
– Mane has become just the third Liverpool player to score 15+ goals in the Champions League after Mo Salah and Steven Gerrard.
– Over the course of his Liverpool career, Mane averages a goal or assist in the Champions League every 119.6 minutes.
Sadio Mane scores the goal the put Liverpool ahead of his former club RB Salzburg!#LFC
— RouteOneFootball (@RouteOneTweets) October 2, 2019
– Only Sergio Aguero (20) has scored more Premier League goals than Mane’s 18 in 2019.
– Mane has scored four Premier League goals this season despite recording an xG of just 2.84. In comparison, Salah’s four goals have come from an xG of 4.1.
– In every single one of his full seasons as a professional, Mane has hit double figures for goals. He needs just three more goals to extend that run to 2019-20, despite having played just 10 games so far this term.
– You have to go back to 2011-12, when Mané was just breaking through into a Metz side which was relegated from Ligue 2 (he didn’t make his debut until January), for the last time the forward failed to contribute 20+ goals and assists in all competitions in a single season.
– Lionel Fuckin’ Messi voted for Mane as the best player in the world at the recent FIFA awards.