Seven crazy stats from Aston Villa’s incredible 7-2 win over Liverpool
Reigning champions Liverpool suffered a shock 7-2 defeat against Aston Villa on Sunday to end a dramatic day of Premier League football.
After watching Tottenham beat Manchester United 6-1, Jurgen Klopp’s side were 4-1 down at half-time and went on to concede three more in the second half.
We’ve rounded up seven of the most remarkable stats from this incredible game,
– Aston Villa are the first team to score six or more goals against Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool in a single Premier League game.
– Liverpool became the first reigning English top-flight champions to concede seven goals in a league match since Arsenal lost 7-1 against Sunderland in 1953.
– The Reds conceded seven goals in a game for the first time since their 7-2 defeat to Tottenham in 1963.
– Jack Grealish was directly involved in five of Villa’s seven goals against Liverpool, providing three assists and two goals.
– This is just the fourth time that Liverpool have shipped five or more goals in a Premier League game.
– Ollie Watkins became the first player to score a perfect hat-trick against Liverpool.
– Watkins is also the first English-born player to score a hat-trick against the Reds since Kevin Lisbie for Charlton in 2003.