Seven great stats about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after Arsenal hat-trick
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang finally rediscovered his goalscoring form by netting a hat-trick as Arsenal beat Leeds United 4-2.
While it’s not been the most prolific season for Arsenal’s captain and talisman, he delivered as they won an end-to-end thriller against Marcelo Bielsa’s side.
We’ve collected seven eye-catching stats following his impressive performance at the Emirates.
– Aubameyang was clinical in front of goal, scoring three goals from just three big chances against Leeds.
– The striker has more to his game than just goals and also created two chances for his team-mates, which was the highest total of any Arsenal player.
– He had an expected goals (xG) value of 2.08 against Leeds, the third-highest of his Premier League career.
– The 31-year-old became the first Arsenal player to score a Premier League hat-trick since Aaron Ramsey against Everton in February 2018.
– Since the start of the 2009-10 season, Aubameyang is one of only three players to score a hat-trick in three of the top five European leagues – along with Alexis Sánchez and Salomon Kalou.
– He’s scored 201 goals in Europe’s top five leagues and 30.85% of those goals have come during his three years at Arsenal.
– Since December 2009, only six players have scored more goals in Europe’s top five leagues than the Arsenal marksman: Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert Lewandowski, Edinson Cavani, Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero.