Seven impressive James Rodriguez stats after excellent Everton debut
James Rodriguez lived up to the hype on his Everton debut with a superb display as the Toffees won 1-0 at Tottenham.
With his career at something of a crossroads, Rodriguez has joined Everton from Real Madrid in a £20million deal.
Toffees fans hope that the attacking midfielder will once more thrive after being reunited with Carlo Ancelotti, whom he played under at both Real and Bayern Munich.
The early signs were positive as the 29-year-old’s class was immediately apparent in Everton’s promising victory over Spurs, secured thanks to Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s excellent second-half header.
We’ve rounded up some of the best stats about Rodriguez’s debut, which has no doubt left Everton fans licking their lips at the prospect of the Colombia international only improving as he settles in a new country and competition.
– Rodriguez created five chances in the match, more than any other player on the pitch.
– While he excelled on the ball, he also made four interceptions, more than any other player on the pitch.
– Mixing up his passing range, Rodriguez completed 11 of his 12 attempted long passes – again, more than any other player on the pitch.
5 – James Rodríguez is the first Premier League debutant to create at least five chances since Alexis Sanchez for Arsenal in August 2014. Dazzling. pic.twitter.com/sGkb0JWMmv
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) September 13, 2020
– Richarlison was the only Everton player to complete more successful dribbles.
– The attacking midfielder was dispossessed just once and also had just one unsuccessful touch.
– His 74 touches were the third most of any Everton player.
– Rodriguez’s influence on the Everton side was summed up in the first half, when he was the only player to receive a pass from every outfield team-mate on the pitch.