Seven impressive stats that highlight Harry Maguire’s impact at Man Utd
Manchester United paid a world-record fee for a defender to sign Harry Maguire from Leicester in 2019 and the centre-back has proven his worth.
The England international has been an ever-present for United this season and was even given the captain’s armband following Ashley Young’s departure.
We’ve taken a look at seven stats from United’s 2019-20 campaign that highlight Maguire’s importance to the team.
– Maguire has made 1553 successful passes for United in the Premier League this season, more than any other player.
– He has also made more clearances (132) and more interceptions (53) in the league than any of his team-mates.
– The centre-back has won 4.7 aerial duels per 90 minutes in the Premier League this season. That’s at least 2.0 more than any other United player.
– He has blocked 15 shots in the league – again the highest figure at United.
– After 29 league games last season, United had conceded 38 goals but with Maguire in the team that figure is down to 30 in 2019-20.
– The 27-year-old has created 14 chances in the league this season, no Premier League centre-back has created more.
– Maguire has kept 18 clean sheets in all competitions this season. That’s more than any other Premier League defender has managed.