Seven impressive stats that show Fred’s importance to Man Utd this season
After a difficult first season in England, Fred has been one of Manchester United’s standout performers in 2019-20.
The midfielder was hardly given a chance under Jose Mourinho but has now become a key part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
We’ve taken a look at seven stats from United’s Premier League campaign that highlight Fred’s importance to the team.
– Fred has made 140 passes into the final third for United this season, more than any other player.
– The Brazilian has also created more chances than any of his team-mates with 68. His 60 chances created from open play is also the highest figure at United.
– He has won possession of the ball 221 times this season, more than any other midfielder in the top six.
– Fred covered the most ground of any United player in the club’s first five Premier League games of 2020.
– Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the only United player to make more successful tackles per 90 minutes than Fred this season.
– His 337 passes when under pressure also lead the way at the club.
– The midfielder has made 188 successful pressures, more than any other United player this season.