Seven remarkable stats on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s 2019-20 season
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang underlined his importance to Arsenal with both goals as the Gunners beat Chelsea 2-1 in the FA Cup final at Wembley.
With less than a year left to run on his contract, Aubameyang’s future at Arsenal remains unclear, although Mikel Arteta is confident the striker will sign a new deal in north London.
Arteta has said he wants to build his team around Aubameyang. As the stats below show, that’s probably a good idea.
– Aubameyang has scored more goals across all competitions (70) since making his Arsenal debut than any other player for a Premier League club. He currently has two more than Mo Salah and five more than Raheem Sterling.
– Aubameyang’s 22 Premier League goals have earned Arsenal 19 points, 37.5% of their entire total in 2019-20.
– Of those 22 goals, 17 have had a direct impact on the game’s result.
– In 11 appearances against ‘Big Six’ clubs this season, the striker has scored seven goals.
– Only Thierry Henry (0.68) has a better goals per game ratio for Arsenal in the Premier League than Aubameyang (0.64).
– Only three players in Premier League history have a better minutes per goal ratio than Aubameyang (128) – Henry (121), Harry Kane (120) and Sergio Aguero (107).
– In just 85 appearances, he has already broken into Arsenal’s top 10 Premier League goalscorers.
– After scoring against Norwich earlier this season, Aubameyang became the fastest Arsenal player to reach 50 Premier League goals. He took 79 matches, four games fewer than Henry.
– At the start of the season, he became the first Arsenal player since Dennis Bergkamp in 1997-98 to scored seven goals in their opening seven Premier League matches of a season.
– Aubameyang is the only player in the last 30 years to score twice in the FA Cup semi-finals and final in the same season.