Seven remarkable stats that show how Fernandes became Man Utd’s MVP
Bruno Fernandes has taken the Premier League by storm since joining Manchester United – and the stats suggest he is already the club’s most important player.
After completing his move to Old Trafford from Sporting Lisbon in January, Fernandes has taken to English football like a duck to water.
We’ve taken a look at seven stats from United’s Premier League campaign since Fernandes made his debut on February 1.
– Fernandes has created 11 chances for Manchester United since his debut, more than any other player.
– His 19 shots on goal are also more than any other United player, scoring twice in his first five Premier League appearances in the process.
– The Portuguese has also made more crosses than any of his team-mates with 25.
– And his 203 passes in the opposition half also lead the way at the club.
– Fernandes has passed 43 times into the final third of the pitch – again the highest figure at United.
– The attacking midfielder has also registered the most passes into the opposition’s penalty area with 48.
– Since his debut, United have a goal difference in the Premier League of +7, the best in the competition over that period.
All that adds up to suggest that Fernandes is United’s most creative player, their biggest goal threat and the player that drags them forward from midfield. Easy.
If you’re partial to any football bets, you may want to back Manchester United for future success thanks to the impact Fernandes has made.