Seven stats behind Virgil van Dijk’s incredible unbeaten run at Anfield
In the case of Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk there are many incredible facts you could point to that prove him as one of the world’s foremost centre-backs.
But most incredible is his long unbeaten Premier League run at Liverpool’s sacred Anfield home. Since he signed for the club in January 2018, the centre-back has lost not a single home Premier League match.
We’ve trawled through the numbers to bring you seven stats that highlight just how incredible that unbeaten run is.
– With the victory against West Ham in March 2022, the run has now extended to a mammoth 60 Premier League games without a loss at Anfield for Van Dijk.
– Van Dijk has now set a new record for most home games for a single club without ever losing in the Premier League, surpassing Lee Sharpe.
– Of those 60 games, 52 have been wins and eight have been draws, leaving a total win rate of 86.6% at Anfield.
That pace 🔥
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) September 15, 2019
– This run includes four league games against Arsenal, three against Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham plus two against Manchester United.
– When he has played at Anfield in the league, Liverpool have kept 31 clean sheets and conceded just 39 goals. That’s an average of just 0.65 goals against per game.
– Without Van Dijk, Liverpool have lost six of their 18 home games in the Premier League since his signing. That’s a loss ratio of 33.3%.
– His home Premier League debut came on February 4th 2018 against Spurs in a 2-2 draw. At the time of writing, that means his unbeaten Premier League Anfield run has lasted 1490 days.