Seven stats behind Virgil van Dijk’s incredible unbeaten run at Anfield
In the case of Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk there are many incredible facts you could point to that prove him as one of the world’s foremost centre-backs.
But most incredible is his long unbeaten Premier League run at Liverpool’s sacred Anfield home. Since he signed for the club in January 2018, the centre-back has lost not a single Premier League match.
We’ve trawled through the numbers to bring you seven stats that highlight just how incredible that unbeaten run is.
– With the victory against Southampton in November 2021, the run has now extended to a mammoth 54 Premier League games without a loss at Anfield for Van Dijk.
– Of those 54 games, 46 have been wins and eight have been draws, leaving a total win rate of 85.2% at Anfield.
– This run includes four league games against Arsenal, three against Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham plus two against Manchester United
That pace 🔥
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) September 15, 2019
– When he has played at Anfield in the league, Liverpool have conceded just 38 goals. That’s an average of just 0.7 a game.
– Van Dijk has recorded 26 Premier League clean sheets at Anfield, meaning almost once every other game Liverpool have totally shut the opposition out when the Netherlands international has played at home.
– Without Van Dijk, Liverpool have lost six of their 17 home games in the Premier League since his signing. That’s a loss ratio of 35.3%.
– His home Premier League debut came on February 4th 2018 against Spurs in a 2-2 draw. At the time of writing, that means his unbeaten Premier League Anfield run has lasted 1393 days.