Six crazy stats from Tottenham’s crazy victory over Manchester United
United actually opened the scoring after just two minutes but the hosts quickly fell apart. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side were 4-1 down at half-time following a controversial red card for Anthony Martial and went on to concede twice more in the second half.
The result prompted a sensational rant from former United left-back Patrice Evra, and it also prompted some eye-catching stats.
– Tottenham’s 6-1 victory is Manchester United’s joint-heaviest Premier League defeat.
– Harry Kane has been directly involved in nine Premier League goals this season, only Thierry Henry (10) has been involved in more after the first four games.
– After assisting each other against United, Son Heung-min and Harry Kane have combined for 26 Premier League goals, the fifth most in the competition’s history.
• • • •
• • • •
– Spurs are the first visiting side to score four first-half goals in a league game away at Manchester United since 1953.
– Spurs completed more passes (384) in the second half than Man United (335) managed in the entire game.
– Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg had 116 touches against United. The Dane has now made more touches (397) than anyone in the Premier League.