The incredible stats behind Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s form at Arsenal
Arsenal have had a mixed start to the season under Unai Emery – but one positive has been the form of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The 30-year-old signed from Borussia Dortmund for £56 million in 2018, and he arrived in north London with a reputation as one of the world’s most clinical strikers.
Aubameyang has been a revelation at the Emirates and boasts a phenomenal goalscoring record with his new club so we’ve looked at eight of his amazing stats since joining Arsenal.
– Aubameyang has scored with seven of his last nine shots on target in the Premier League.
– He has never gone more than three Premier League games without scoring for Arsenal.
– In 71 games for the Gunners in all competitions, he has scored 47 goals and registered 12 assists.
– Despite not making his debut until February 2018, the striker is Arsenal’s top Premier League goalscorer since the start of the 2017/18 season. Aubameyang has 37 goals and Alexandre Lacazette is second with 29.
Three African players have shared the Premier League Golden Boot for the first time:
🇪🇬 Mohamed Salah
🇸🇳 Sadio Mané
🇬🇦 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
The trio tied on 22. 👑👑👑 pic.twitter.com/dAqBz12WGp
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) May 12, 2019
– His strike against Newcastle earlier this season was his 33rd goal in his first 50 Premier League matches. Only four other players have scored more in their first 50 Premier League games.
– After 50 Premier League games, Aubameyang had a better goalscoring record than Thierry Henry. The Arsenal legend had scored 30 league goals for the club while the Gabonese striker had 33 goals.
– The 30-year-old has 15 goals in his last 15 games in all competitions for Arsenal.
– Since Aubameyang’s Premier League debut he has scored 37 league goals which is four more than Sergio Aguero. Mo Salah (39) is the only player to score more goals in that time.