The nine stats behind Erling Haaland’s incredible start at Borussia Dortmund
Erling Haaland was at it again on Friday night as the Borussia Dortmund forward scored two goals off the bench in their 5-1 victory over Cologne.
The Norwegian international is one of the hottest prospects in Europe, and he netted a hat-trick against Augsburg on his debut last weekend.
Haaland is on course to break all kinds of records in Germany and we’ve broken down his goalscoring stats from his first two games for Dortmund.
– Haaland has scored more league goals (5) than Manchester United (4) in 2020. He has played for just 59 minutes while United have played for 360 minutes.
– The striker is currently averaging a goal every 11.8 minutes for Borussia Dortmund.
– If he plays in every minute of every Bundesliga game for the rest of the season while keeping up his current scoring rate, Haaland will end the season on 119 league goals for Dortmund.
– Haaland is the seventh player to score a hat-trick on their Bundesliga debut, and he is the first player to do so since Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in 2013.
He's done it AGAIN! 🤯
Håland makes that look easy. It's not.
5️⃣ goals for Dortmund and he hasn't even played 90 minutes of football for them yet! 👏👏👏 pic.twitter.com/qxe7r9tUvF
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) January 24, 2020
– The 19-year-old has scored five goals from his first six shots for Dortmund.
– Haaland is the first player in Bundesliga history to score five goals in their first two league games so nobody has got to that figure faster than him.
– Despite making just two league appearances in Germany, only 23 players have scored more Bundesliga goals than Haaland this season.
– Haaland is the only player to score more than two Bundesliga goals as a substitute this season.
– Against Augsburg, Haaland became the first substitute to score a hat-trick on their Bundesliga debut and the second-youngest player in league history to score three goals in one game.