The top 10 UK towns and cities to produce the most valuable footballers
A recent study by Evolution Money has revealed which UK towns and cities have produced the most valuable talent of all the UK-born players playing in the 2019-20 Premier League season.
The capital boasts the lion’s share of valuable players, with the market value of London-born players reaching an impressive £473.1million. There are 27 players in this season’s Premier League hailing from London, making the city the UK’s largest producer of football talent.
Using market valuations taken from Transfermarkt, Evolution Money have found the top 10 towns and cities in the UK to produce the most valuable footballers. We’ve included the list below, along with the total valuations and the most valuable player from each location.
10. Barnsley – £54m (John Stones)
9. Coventry – £63m (James Maddison)
8. Birmingham – £67.5m (Jack Grealish)
7. Warrington – £70.2m (Jesse Lingard)
6. Milton Keynes – £81m (Dele Alli)
5. Glasgow – £81.45m (Andy Robertson)
4. Manchester – £126.675m (Marcus Rashford)
3. Liverpool – £140.4m (Trent Alexander-Arnold)
2. Sheffield – £168.25m (Kyle Walker)
1. London – £473.085m (Harry Kane)